The Sophisticated Paperboy

Well, guess what? That is what I was once called - "The Sophisticated Paperboy". It was actually during a painful growing up period of my life and it was also one of the most revealing and useful periods of my life, too. That is the reason "The Sophisticated Paperboy" will be the title of my first book, which I am working on at this very moment.

This blog will in some ways be a preview of who I am and what I am interested in which will be revealed later, hopefully in a grand style, in the book.

So, friends, hang in there with me.

Michael

Saturday, October 18, 2008

God Is So Good! All The Time!


Here is Shambala, which has been my home in Accra, Ghana for nearly three years. As I have said in earlier blogs, I decided to start returning to the USA and came back to the USA in September, 2008. In my last blog I entreated you all to join me in prayers because I was hoping to sign a lease for my new apartment. Well, the Lord was willing and I signed the lease on October 1st and moved in a few days later. I want to share photos of the first time I actually saw my new apartment. Here is the front of the building.

The Front Entrance
I am entering the front entrance here.
Entering The Building
I am so pleased that there are porches with rocking chairs on each floor.
There Are Porches On Each Floor
The first floor porch overlooks this nice fountain.
The Rear Patio And Fountain
There are community rooms on each floor. There is a library, computer room, barber shop/beauty salon, crafts room, exercise/weight room, community kitchen and two laundry rooms on each floor.
The First Floor Community Room
There Are Two Laundry Rooms On Each FloorFirst, though I have to sign my lease with the housing manager.Signing The Lease
I enter my apartment #201.I Turn The Key To My New Apartment
Here is the kitchen.This is what the kitchen looks like. With a dishwasher, no less.Each Apartment Has A DishwasherThere is a good sized bathroom near the entrance.This is the main bathroom.And another bathroom off the master bedroom.Master Bath RoomThere are safety bars for the elderly or disabled in each bathroom.Safety Bars In Each BathroomAnd there is a large walk-in closet.There Is A Walk In ClosetThere is a ceiling fan in each bedroom.There Is A Ceiling Fan In The Living Room And Each Bedroom and a ceiling fan in the living room.
The Living Room Faces The Front Of jhe BuildingI already love my new apartment.The Kitchen Counter
Those of you who are retirees like me, if you have not already done so, you will welcome downsizing to a nice small/medium sized apartment like this one as we coast into our really senior years. God is SOOOOOO Good!.

No comments: