The Sophisticated Paperboy

Well, guess what? That is what I was once called - "The Sophisticated Paperboy". It was actually during a painful growing up period of my life and it was also one of the most revealing and useful periods of my life, too. That is the reason "The Sophisticated Paperboy" will be the title of my first book, which I am working on at this very moment.

This blog will in some ways be a preview of who I am and what I am interested in which will be revealed later, hopefully in a grand style, in the book.

So, friends, hang in there with me.

Michael

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Death At A Funeral - Remake 2010 - Bambooozled

Definition: defraud, fool
Synonyms: bamboozle*, beat, beguile, bilk, bleed, bunco, burn, caboodle, chisel, con, cozen, crib, cross, deceive, defraud, delude, diddle, do a number on, do*, double-cross, double-deal, dupe, fast talk, finagle, fleece, flimflam, fudge, give bum steer, gouge, gyp, hoodwink, hose, jerk around, milk, mislead, pull one's leg, ream, rip off, rook, rope in, sandbag, scam, screw, shaft, short, shuck, skin, snow, stiff, sucker, swindle, take, take for a ride, take in, take out, trick, trim, two-time, victimize
This movie, with all of its unusual celebrities had me thinking I was going to sit and laugh and enjoy myself with my senior-rate ticket. I feel Bamboozled. The cheap laughs and outrageous slapstick with emphasis on bathroom , so called, humor was profane. Several times I had the impulse to walk out. It finally came when it seemed necessary for someone (Danny Glover, of all people) to poop on someone's hand. That was enough for me. I found my cane and ambled out of there as best as I could.

2 comments:

saraphen said...

You should have sneaked over to another movie in the multiplex. That's a shame.

The Sophisticated Paperboy said...

You are right, Saraphen. That is exactly what I should have done.